Thursday, January 10, 2008

Friday Night Crops

I had signed up for Friday night crops at the scrapbook store which were great. I learned a lot and had access to every supply and tool possible. Most of the time I went by myself. Mostly because I'm an introvert, it was very relaxing and helpful to eavesdrop on the more experienced scrapbookers. I was always amazed by the sheer quantity of stuff that most of the women not only possesed, but actually brought. I had a shoulder bag and box for my scissors and glue (yes, I had gluesticks; it would be a couple of months later before I could actually make the dotto glue runner work.
It was fascinating to listen to everyone talk about their projects, tools and families. The room was filled with women who seemed ebedded in this world of endless photos and die cuts. It always seemed the time moved too fast and there was one more idea or layout to work on. I learned and was inspired by seeing all the layouts on display, browsing through the shelves of paper, working with the die cuts, watching others build their pages.

Here is one of the first pages that I completed at one of the evening crops. It doesn't look like much, but it did capture the original wallpaper border for the nursery and one of my favorite pictures of my husband bringing Baby Olivia home.


Welcome Home [May 2003]

No comments: