Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Knight in Shining Armor or It's Sure Cuts A Lot to the Rescue


[Girls of Summer, 2008]

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love my Cricut. I just can't afford to feed it anymore. Those cartridges are brutal at $90 a pop. Even on sale, that's a chunk of change to set down on the counter for a single font.

I don't want a single font.

I don't want a lot of fonts.

I want ALL of the fonts.

Riding to my rescue on a white cyber-horse is my hero - Sure Cuts A Lot software. This software costs less than one cartridge and is designed to enhance the capabilities of the already awesome Cricut.


[Hey, 2008]

First it has the ability to cut ANY TrueType font. Yes--this knight in digital armor cuts any font. ALL the fonts. I just need to download and install a font on my computer and it's ready to go. This gives me an endless supply of fonts and dingbats. It makes it easy to select a unique font for a page without having to make a commitment. I never have to use that font again if I don't want to.


[A-Mazed 2008]

Sure Cuts A Lot also has a welding feature that easily hooks up the individual letters to create a single cut object that makes a great title.


[Monkeys 2008]

Because the software uses TrueType fonts, Sure Cuts a Lot can also cut solid dingbat characters. Now I have a great collection of free dingbats of animals, fish, states, flowers, and holiday icons.


[Halloween Party-right side]

Finally, the onscreen workspace makes setting up the cutting design (and mixing multiple fonts in one design) so easy and helps me get the most out of my Cricut. I think my Cricut is a lot happier, too. It's good to have a hero.


[Winter Slide, 2008]

1 comment:

Scrapbook Weekends said...

I love how you used the layers in this layout. All of your pages are great but there is something about this one that just jumps out at me. Hope you will visit my site as well. Thanks, Teresa