Monday, February 4, 2008

All Done But the Journaling


Artist at Work [April 2006]

It seems like every page has a story to tell. The photos have been carefully chosen to present the event, action or emotion. The papers were selected to bring together the colors of the photos with the theme of the layout. The title somehow comes through with a nice little punch. It's all there-a terrific layout. All there except the journaling.I have entire albums completed to the last button and brad, sans journaling. I know a some scrapbookers who do little or no journaling, letting the pictures speak for themselves. Their pages may be silent, but they certainly communicate volumes. Others pen their stories and comments in their own handwriting on carefully crafted journaling blocks. My layouts usually include a dedicated design element for my thoughtful, computer generated journaling recounting my remembrances and anecdotes. I plan for them and integrate them carefully into my pages. I just never seem to get around to actually printing them and getting them on the page.

I have grandiose plans for completing the albums and putting them away on the shelf. Truth is I haven't put in a new piece of journaling since fall 2006. I do have the journaling done. It's typed out and sitting in the computer waiting for me to format and size to the individual spaces on each page. Once that is done, I will print them on vellum or clear sticker paper and add them to the pages. It's just that I've already put the pages in the plastic page protectors and put the album on the shelf. I know I need to finish them, but I just want to move forward. My favorite part of scrapbooking isn't the finishing, it's the doing.

Here are just a few of the pages waiting for the final touch. I will get to them; I will finish them. Just not now; I just got a great idea for a page.

Chocolate Smiles [April 2006]



Autumn Style [September 2006]



Our Little Mermaid [November 2006]

No comments: