Sunday, February 24, 2008

Latest Crop Session


[So Grown Up 2007]

Finding time for the casual crop time with friends is always a challenge for me. It seems like we all have such busy schedules that nailing down a time to gather just for a few hours of uninterrupted scrapping time becomes more effort than it's worth. When we actually make it happen, we agree, it's always worth it. One group I know has scheduled a monthly evening gathering at their workplace on a Fridays. It's five hours of casual cropping and conversation. They schedule them for six months at a time so everyone can plan and set aside the time. The group shifts and changes each month reflecting the differences in the lives of these busy women. Depending on the time of year, the room is full and other times it is only one or two in the big room. I am privilaged to get an invite to this group and attend when I can.

I have also taken up their example. Instead of waiting for another invitation, I have been working to gather together the scrapbookers at my workplace. I know they are there; I've recognized the casual knowledge of mini glue dots and veiled references to being "behind on my pictures." Conversations about not being able to find time and getting together are slowly moving to action. We actually scheduled an evening after work. While I was able to finished a few layouts, Kristi spent most of her time getting caught up on thank you notes. Hey, you use the time as you need to. To her credit, she had designed and printed her own notes.

By bringing the pre-matched pictures and paper, I was able to get three layouts glued down. When I had also thought to bring the coordinating ribbon or embellishments, it went even faster. Once home, I was able to finish up the journaling and details.

[Toasty Marshamallows 2007]

While attendance was limited, there were sincere regrets at being unable to come. Now we have the next few months on the calendar. My hope is that others will take advantage of a time written on the calendar and begin to plan for it. Gotta take time to feed your soul!

No comments: